Wednesday, April 3, 2013

How to's and Don't do's

Recently I discovered in my apartment our tea cups, or mugs to the coffee drinkers were stained.

For me this is gross, so what did I do? I text my Kaki of course. Kaki is my Mom's mom, instead of 'grandma' she's Kaki. I don't know where the name came from honestly, it's just what I've known to call her.
Anyway's, yes my Kaki texts, and yes she replied with an answer.

BAKING SODA.

Of course, it makes sense. It's used to clean jewelry if you don't want to buy the actual stuff.

Anyways, the trick is to pour some baking soda in the bottom of the mug and put a little bit of water and mix it together. Make it thick and cover the stained surfaces as well as possible. Let it sit for up to fifteen minutes, or it will eventually begin to take the glaze off.
Works like magic. Within minutes you have removed all the tea stains. Be sure you run it through water to get the excess baking soda off, and to be extra safe a run through the dishwasher could never hurt.

It's the little things my friends, the simple remedies that fix everyday things.

What are the little things that make everyday things more efficient and effective for y'all?
Or do you have a "Don't do" in the kitchen? (aside from setting it on fire of course).



-Tay

1 comment:

  1. Well, don't put liquid dish soap in the dishwasher. A definite don't. ;)

    ReplyDelete