Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Hair Care

Curly hair?

Don't care?

Well, you should. A few years ago some family friends who also had the dilemma of what to do with curly hair introduced me to a magical product. This magical product is called "Ouidad". It's probably the best curly hair product on the market that I am aware of to this day. I don't have super curly hair, but it's curly enough that it's not wavy. Did I mention it's red? I'm not hard to miss. There's no going out with it completely untamed, unless its raining of course.

I learned the first trick to keeping your hair healthy is to ditch the brush. Wide tooth combs are the absolute way to go. It keeps the ends of your hair from breaking off and keeps it from frizzing up as much.
Secondly, DO NOT dry it with a towel, or twist it in a towel. It breaks your hairs, drys it out, and even damages ends. The alternative is to dab it, or gently squeeze it with a soft t-shirt. One that you probably don't fit into anymore, yet still keep out of sentiment. No worries, I'm on the same boat mate.
Third, once you've dabbed it, combed it, and what not use the magic potion.
 Ouidad's Climate Control gel.
Price: $22
Lasts up to six months, assuming you have normal weather.
Worth every penny.

If your one of those people who doesn't like to wash their hair everyday, but it still looks like a birds nest each morning try Ouidad's Botanical Boost Spray. Same price, same worth. It makes mornings so much easier and leaves your hair looking good for another day and doesn't make it all oily. Which is one of my biggest pet peeves.

I'm no expert, but I love playing with my hair, and trying new things, so if anyone has some suggestions on hair care products, please leave a comment or tweet me @taylorokane.





-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment