Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Taking Time

First off I would like to say thanks to my readers! I have officially reached well over a thousand views!!

Which to me is pretty impressive!

Also, I want to make this post about what God is doing in my life right now.



Lately, I've recognized something about myself, that I've been continually telling myself is not true.

I struggle with HATE. HATE, is a "strong word, and we are not allowed to use", is what I grew up hearing over and over and over.
Yet to this day, I don't struggle with the use of the word (I just say "I strongly dislike") but the action of HATE.

I have my beef's and grudges, and I have been really effected by them even though I try my best to push them below the surface. It's become a real issue this summer as I've been trying to control my tongue around kids and adults. The Lord has really shown me what I need to work on in order to move on up in life. If I keep holding on to the things that affected me in the past, I will get nowhere. And that is exactly opposite of where I want to be.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!  Let your gentleness be evident to all.  The Lord is near.  Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your request to God.  And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Philippians 4: 4-7


All my life I have looked at these things as just "ADVICE" or "SUGGESTIONS" on how to live.
In reality, they are RULES. Which if you know me, I don't enjoy following the rules. But because I have seen enough and understand what would happen if I didn't just follow these rules, but act out on them, I would be miserable the rest of my life. I want people to be drawn to me so that they may know my Lord and Savior. I want them to see that my actions are not that of hate, but that of LOVE. I like to have a plan and I like to know what is going to happen next, God say's do not be anxious. Which means I need to work on that, so that I can do what he is calling me to do. 

With that my friends I leave you, wherever you are this summer, I hope y'all are doing well. 

Love from Colorado,

-Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment